Skin and Soft Tissue Problems
Southwestern University College of Medicine
Problem-based and Distance Learning
September, 1999 to October, 1999
Practical Examination - Essay Examination
1. Differentiate skin and soft tissue tumor through drawing.
2. Skin lesions
2.1 Differentiate between acute and chronic skin lesions.
2.2 Differentiate between exanthem and non-exanthem.
2.3 Give the clinical cues for the following diseases:
2.3.1 Atopic dermatitis
2.3.2 Contact Dermatitis
2.3.7 Skin Cancer
2.3.7 A. Melanoma
2.3.7 B. Non-melanoma
3. What is the most cost-effective paraclinical diagnostic procedures for 2.3
4. What is the most cost-effective treatment for 2.3
5. Give indications for:
5.1 Topical medications vs. oral medications in skin lesions
5.2 Cream vs. ointments
6. Prescribe medications for
6.3 Contact dermatitis
7. Write a short referral letter for a patient with a soft tissue tumor.
PBL and Distance Learning in Skin and Soft Tissue Problems